- AMD Ices Competition With Four New Desktop Processors
AMD have rolled out four new Athlon64 processors at Computex today, these being their new flagship FX-53, as well as the 3800+, 3700+ and 3500+. Socket-939 also comes alive with 939-pin packages of the FX-53 and the 3800/3500+'s. More details within AMD's official press release here. Additionally, another press release from AMD points out that the AMD64 platform has been named "Overall Best of TechEd 2004" by both Windows & .NET Magazine, and SQL Server Magazine.
Now that the NDA has expired, a whole bunch of sites around the globe have posted up reviews and articles covering the new range of processors from AMD. Links have been collated for you below, i'll update the list as more hit the scene folks.
TAIPEI, TAIWAN -- June 1, 2004 --At Computex, AMD today raised PC performance to new heights with the launch of four new processors in the award-winning AMD Athlon™ 64 processor family featuring the exclusive Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP) capability for desktop and mobile computing when enabled by the upcoming Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2. The AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 and AMD Athlon 64 processors 3800+, 3700+ and 3500+ provide businesses and consumers world-class performance and a more secure computing environment.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- SilverStone SST-SDP01 Card Reader @ XYZ Computing
- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 200GB Hard drive @ ByteSector
- The Great DTV Heist @ DesignTechnica
- Watch TV On The Go with ADS USB Instant TV @ Everything USB
- Thermaltake XTunner remote controlled fan speed controller @ A1-Electronics
- 15 New Case Mods @ BlueSmoke
- ATI's PCI Express Radeons previewed @ Tech Report
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.