- MSI & EPoX nForce3 250Gb Motherboards
The folks over at HotHardware have checked out a couple of motherboards from Epox and MSI today. Based on nVidia's nForce3 250Gb chipset, they are the EP-8KDA3+ and K8N Neo Platinum. Performance is compared to VIA's K8T800 as well as SiS's 755 chipset.
Today, we are going to have a look at two new NFORCE3 250Gb motherboards, comparing their performance to the K8T800 from VIA and SiS755 from SiS. The first board comes from MSI in the form of the MSI K8N Neo Platinum, a motherboard designed to grab your attention with all the trimmings expected from a product with "platinum" in its name. The other board that we have fired up in our labs is the Epox EP-8KDA3+. While it lacks a catchy name or flashy packaging, this motherboard should not be overlooked. The Epox EP-8KDA3+ offers a solid feature set that rivals the MSI board sans some of the fanfare.
- Chipset Serial ATA and RAID performance
The Tech Report have been busy over the past few weeks comparing a bunch of popular serial-ATA chipsets in terms of overall RAID performance. An exhaustive amount of tests were run across Intel's ICH5R, NVIDIA's nForce3 250Gb, SiS's SiS964, and VIA's VT8237 to find out which one deserves the most praise.
OVER THE PAST YEAR, Serial ATA RAID has become one of the most popular checkbox features for core logic chipsets. The latest offerings from Intel, NVIDIA, SiS, and VIA all support Serial ATA RAID, but there can be a world of difference between feature support and real-world performance. To find out which chipset offers the best single-drive, RAID 0, and RAID 1 performance with Serial ATA drives, I've spent the last month running Intel's ICH5R, NVIDIA's nForce3 250Gb, SiS's SiS964, and VIA's VT8237 through a punishing gauntlet of disk subsystem and application tests. The results of this benchathon are enlightening, to say the least.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Thermalright SLK948-U CPU Cooler @ XYZComputing
- USB Flash Drive Holds 8GB Compressed Data @ Everything USB
- Keyspan to update USB Server @ Everything USB
- Abit KV8-MAX3 K8T800 Athlon64 Motherboard @ TweakNews
- DiamondMax Plus 9 250GB HD 7200rpm 8MB (SATA) Hard Drive @ The TechZone
- NEC ND2510A DVD+R9 Dual layer DVD writer @ Trusted Reviews
- cinemediapc @ Bit-Tech
- 3DBoxx 7108 Dual Opteron Workstation @ CGNetworks
- Creative Lab's Nomad Muvo TX @ Anandtech
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.