- LCD Monitors vs CRT Monitors
If you're seriously considering the switch to LCD, but hesitant due to the several drawbacks mentioned in the past when using them for gaming etc, PCReview have a very interesting article up which talks of the advancement in LCD technology over the past year or so, also comparing them to the typical characteristics of a CRT monitor. If you weren't tempted before, there's a good chance you will be after reading this.
Many of us have been toying with the idea of switching to LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors completely but a couple of drawbacks of LCD technology have always come in the way as a hurdle. One being its response time and the other being colour purity. The first is of utmost importance to the gamer and the second to those who work on photo editing software. The gamer needs the monitor to have very fast response time otherwise ghosting effects or in other words trailing effects become evident, which until yesterday had plagued the LCD monitors. Not anymore.
- Cable Organizer Cable Management Round Up
Regardless of how your PC is set up, cabling clutter is an unfortunate but necessary part of it. However there are ways to tidy a lot of it up and keep things a bit more organized under the desk using dedicated products such as the "Cord-It Cord Manager", "Retractable Phone Cord", and "Cord Organix Kit", all of which ExtremeReviews take a closer look at for us in their latest review.
With more and more technologies going wireless, it is nice to eliminate those cables. However, at the present time most of us still have plenty of cords which cause a mess and are a pain to organize. In an attempt to keep our wires organized, we decided to have a look at the Cord-It Cord Manager, Retractable phone cord, and Cord Organix Kit from CableOrganizer.com.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Mustek PVR-A1 Personal Media Center Player @ Alltests (Translated)
- Thermaltake Polo 735 @ Modding Crew (Translated)
- Visiontek Radeon X800 Pro @ DriverHeaven
- Thermaltake Xaser Series Full tower ATX Cases @ SLCentral
- Plextor's Extreme 12X PX-712A DVD±RW @ Ben's Custom Cases
- Structured Home Wiring Guide @ The Modfathers
- E3 2004 Day 1 @ SLCentral
- E3 2004 Booth Babe Gallery @ PimpRig