- Danger Den TDX Nozzle Comparison
Into watercooling? ProCooling have a fresh article up that fully tests the performance of different inlet nozzles which Danger Den use to tweak performance of their TDX waterblocks. Several common water cooling pumps are used for the testing phase which are linked to flow rates, helping to provide a clear answer as to what nozzle best suits your setup.
Although quality reviews of the TDX were posted on Friday at Overclockers and Procooling, no one has fully answered the above questions. Joe used different nozzles for his tests and reported performance only for one flow rate, while I posted results as a function of flow with no measure of waterblock resistance. Today I will try to address these questions by testing the TDX with nozzle inserts #1 (stock), #4, and #5. The #4 is 20% narrower than the stock nozzle, and #5 has multiple holes that match up with small divots in the TDX baseplate. Both nozzles are considered "performance boosters" around the web, but whether the flow rate reduction that comes with adding these nozzles negates the performance gain in a typical cooling system is unknown.
- ATI Catalyst Beta 1 AMD64 Driver Performance
This will definitely be of interest to many of the A64 owners out there. As you may or may not already be aware, ATI have finally released their first 64-bit video card drivers. Using limited benchmarking methods, AMDZone have brought us some results comparing them to the 32bit drivers.
Yesterday we were pleased to see ATI release Catalyst beta 1 AMD64 drivers for their Radeon line of video cards. Nvidia had beaten them to the punch, and only Windows drivers are available, but it is progress. Having tested the 64 bit UT2004 Linux demo with 64 bit Nvidia drivers we decided to see how well 32 bit games performed under the 64 bit OS and drivers. Armed with my eMachines M6805 laptop with Windows XP and Windows XP 64 loaded we were off.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- C-Systems CSP750 Liquid Cooling Pump @ System Cooling
- Samsung SCD303 Mini-DV Camcorder @ ByteSector
- Mouse Grips @ Gruntville
- Raidmax Cobra 822 Case @ OCIA
- MSI GeForce FX5700-VT2DR256 Video Card @ DesignTechnica
- Lite-On SOHW-812S DVD +/- RW Burner @ Techware Labs
- NZXT's silver Guardian Case @ Bit-Tech
- Sony PCV-V1/G Media PC @ Trusted Reviews
- Dual Core AMD Cpu's coming up @ Datafuse
- asetek WaterChill Antarctica KT12A-L20 Kit @ Madshrimps
- When an Optimization Becomes a Cheat @ Sudhian
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.