- ATI's 9100 IGP Pro
ATI are certainly getting plenty of focus at the moment. Along with the announcement of their X800 (R420) core GPUs and the flood of reviews to follow, they've also enhanced upon their 9100 IGP motherboard chipset with a revamped "Pro" version. A new southbridge is said to be implemented, offering 2 Serial ATA-150 ports, 8 USB 2.0 ports and RAID capability in addition to the already existing features on the standard 9100 IGP chipset. Further performance enhancements such as a faster dual channel memory controller are also part of the deal. For full details, take a look at the official PR on ATI's website. A few articles from Anandtech, Toms Hardware, & XBit Labs have also surfaced in the last 24 hrs of which you can read up on too.
MARKHAM, ON - ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY, NASDAQ:ATYT), today announced the introduction of RADEON™ 9100 PRO IGP, a high performance platform product for both Intel® Pentium® 4 and Celeron® Processors. The official launch of the RADEON 9100 PRO IGP will take place at Gartner's System Builder Summit in Barcelona, Spain on May 5, 2004. Launch partners for the event include such industry leaders as Gigabyte, MSI, Sapphire, Shuttle PC, FIC, Jetway and Soyo.
In addition to industry leading graphics, RADEON 9100 PRO IGP provides users with a range of platform performance enhancements such as serial ATA, dual DDR400 memory channels, RAID, enhanced USB support, plus expanded memory and peripheral compatibility. SURROUNDVIEW™, a feature unique to ATI, enables users to combine the power of discrete and integrated graphics for multi-monitor support. Users benefit from simplified management of multiple windows and an immersive environment for gaming and multimedia.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Corsair Announces XMS SO-DIMM modules @ CorsairMicro
- ATI revolutionizes PC gaming with introduction of RADEON X800 @ ATI
- NVIDIA's GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme and 6800 GT @ Firing Squad
- Voltage mod Radeon 9800 XT with pencil @ VR-Zone
- Only 10,000 GeForce 6800 series to be produced? @ The Inquirer
- Antec Sonata Case @ AMD Review
- Aspire ATX-AS500W Aluminum Power Supply @ A True Review
- Steelpad Gaming Glove @ Burnout PC
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.