TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
6,135 Reviews & Articles | 39,420 News Posts

Samsung Galaxy S4 catches fire on bed as teen sleeps

Teen's Samsung smartphone catches fire as she sleeps, Samsung points out it had an aftermarket battery (KRX:005935)

| Business, Financial & Legal News | Posted: Jul 28, 2014 5:00 pm

The technology industry is no stranger to battery issues. Years ago a huge number of lithium ion batteries were recalled when notebooks started to catch fire while being used normally. A 13-year-old girl in North Texas woke recently to the smell of something burning and realized that her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone was on fire.

 

TweakTown image news/3/9/39346_8_samsung_galaxy_s4_catches_fire_on_bed_as_teen_sleeps.jpg

 

The fire was intense enough that the entire mobile device melted, glass, plastic and all. You can hardly tell that the device was a smartphone in the images. The teen says that her phone fell under a pillow as she slept and her father thinks that the phone overheated leading to the battery catching fire.

 

Samsung has pointed out that the battery inside the smartphone that caught fire wasn't a Samsung unit; rather it was a replacement part from another supplier. Samsung also noted that it points out in materials included with the phone that covering the device with bedding or other material could start a fire.

NEWS SOURCES:Myfoxdfw.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Business, Financial & Legal news at our Business, Financial & Legal news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Got an opinion on this news? Post a comment below!

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases