- ASUS DRW-0804P: Another 8X Dual Contender
Anandtech have checked out ASUS's 8x +/-RW DVD burner, the DRW-0804P. The drive is actually based on the same chipset as the highly popular 107D drives from Pioneer, along with a similar (and now excessively low) price tag too. Unfortunately this means it carries the same few annoying and well known cons about the 107 drives too, although I personally beg to differ on some of their comments as a very happy owner of a 107D myself.
A little over a month ago, Pioneer quickly reclaimed their undisputed title as DVD recordable king with the introduction of the 107D. For several months prior, users were beginning to champion DVD+R over DVD-R since DVD+R 8X drives were a dime a dozen. However, Pioneer and NEC quickly extinguished any doubts of DVD-R with their newest drives, the Pioneer 107D and NEC 2500A.
Since the 107D had received so much attention in recent weeks, we decided to review a very similar drive, the ASUS DRW-0804P. Our ASUS 8x8 drive is based on the same chipset and pickup as the Pioneer 107D, and also carries an equivalent price tag.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ASUS QuieTrack Optical Drives @ SilentPCReview
- Firm makes program to disable pirated DVD copying @ The Inquirer
- Albatron GeForceFX 5900XT @ Fastlane Hardware
- BFG 5900XT OC @ EnvyNews
- Radeon X800PRO will beat NV40 Ultra? @ The Inquirer
- NVIDIA's GeForce 6800 Ultra Revisited @ Firing Squad
- Intel Celeron "Prescott" Processors to Get New Branding @ XBit Labs
- Athlon64 FX, Pentium 4 Overclocking En Extremus @ Toms Hardware
- AMD's High-End 90nm Microprocessors to Come in 2005? @ XBit Labs
- OCZ 2048MB PC3200 dual channel memory @ AMDZone