- The Clash of the nForce2 Ultra's
Ye'ole faithfull AthlonXP platform is still far from being left in the dust, many still opting for it over a64 due to it's excellent value/performance ratio. The fellas from HotHardware know this and have a shoot-out between a couple of very popular and worthy nForce2 boards on the market right now, namely DFI's Lanparty NFII Ultra B and ABit's AN7.
Fast, stable, feature-rich and affordable, these are just some of the words we have chosen historically, when speaking about NVIDIA's nForce2 chipset. Over the past year we have seen quite a few of these motherboards come through the HotHardware labs and most lived up to our expectations surrounding this Athlon motherboard chipset technology. When considering a motherboard sporting the nForce2 chipset, there usually isn't a lot to differentiate one manufacturer from another. The same set of features such as Dual Channel DDR memory support, 8X AGP, and USB 2.0, to mention a few, are standard on all these motherboards. However, a product that sets itself apart from the rest is what the enthusiast crowd is always yearning for. Today, in the HotHardware labs we have two motherboards that aim to achieve that status.
- nVidia to kill off FX 5900XT
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but according to the Inquirer, nVidia have an intention to soon stop production of their awesome performing budget 5900XT cards. If you're on the hunt for a new budget card, you might want to hurry and go score one of these before it's too late.
Industry sources tell us that the Geforce FX 5900XT won't last much longer. Even there is huge demand for these extremely good cards, Nvidia feels the product's popularity is affecting its FX5700 sales badly. The main goal of the 5900XT was to hurt ATI sales of Radeon 9600XT with HL2 voucher and I guess it partly succeeded in doing that, but at a cost.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- OCZ EL PC4000 DC memory @ XtremeTek
- Corsair TwinX1024 PC4000-Pro @ LegionHardware
- Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2 Special: Last of a Legend @ Anandtech
- Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 Wireless Headset @ WhiningDog
- Mambo 6-in-1 Digital MP3 Player @ Tech-Mods
- Safer Computing @ ASELabs
- NVIDIA to Boost Performance of PCI Express x16, Add High-Definition Audio? @ XBit Labs
- Interview with Corsair @ ViperLair
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now