- The Clash of the nForce2 Ultra's
Ye'ole faithfull AthlonXP platform is still far from being left in the dust, many still opting for it over a64 due to it's excellent value/performance ratio. The fellas from HotHardware know this and have a shoot-out between a couple of very popular and worthy nForce2 boards on the market right now, namely DFI's Lanparty NFII Ultra B and ABit's AN7.
Fast, stable, feature-rich and affordable, these are just some of the words we have chosen historically, when speaking about NVIDIA's nForce2 chipset. Over the past year we have seen quite a few of these motherboards come through the HotHardware labs and most lived up to our expectations surrounding this Athlon motherboard chipset technology. When considering a motherboard sporting the nForce2 chipset, there usually isn't a lot to differentiate one manufacturer from another. The same set of features such as Dual Channel DDR memory support, 8X AGP, and USB 2.0, to mention a few, are standard on all these motherboards. However, a product that sets itself apart from the rest is what the enthusiast crowd is always yearning for. Today, in the HotHardware labs we have two motherboards that aim to achieve that status.
- nVidia to kill off FX 5900XT
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but according to the Inquirer, nVidia have an intention to soon stop production of their awesome performing budget 5900XT cards. If you're on the hunt for a new budget card, you might want to hurry and go score one of these before it's too late.
Industry sources tell us that the Geforce FX 5900XT won't last much longer. Even there is huge demand for these extremely good cards, Nvidia feels the product's popularity is affecting its FX5700 sales badly. The main goal of the 5900XT was to hurt ATI sales of Radeon 9600XT with HL2 voucher and I guess it partly succeeded in doing that, but at a cost.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- OCZ EL PC4000 DC memory @ XtremeTek
- Corsair TwinX1024 PC4000-Pro @ LegionHardware
- Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2 Special: Last of a Legend @ Anandtech
- Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 Wireless Headset @ WhiningDog
- Mambo 6-in-1 Digital MP3 Player @ Tech-Mods
- Safer Computing @ ASELabs
- NVIDIA to Boost Performance of PCI Express x16, Add High-Definition Audio? @ XBit Labs
- Interview with Corsair @ ViperLair
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Tech News Posts
- Ask the Experts: What PSU should I buy for my Radeon HD 7870 CrossFire system?
- Intel Core i7 4770K reaches eBay
- HTC One demand is high, HTC are doubling production to meet 'strong demand'
- Google remove 8.8 million lines of code from their Blink engine
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 specs arrive, launches on May 23
- Are Google preparing another media player?
- Nintendo to let consumers play unreleased Wii U games at 100 Best Buys during E3
- LeakedTT: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 image and specifications leak out
- Google hides numerous Easter eggs in latest Google+ Hangouts
- Xbox 360 sales on top for 28 consecutive months
- ReportTT: Apple's iRadio held up over details for skipping songs
- ReportTT: Yahoo isn't the only one interested in Tumblr
- LeakedTT: Dell to release two new Latitude notebooks this summer with Haswell CPU's
- SpaceTT: NASA releases chart displaying the driving distances of Mars and Moon craft
- RumorTT: Apple to debut MacBook Air refresh at WWDC
- Yahoo sets NYC product event for Monday, May 20
- Bill Gates is back on top of Bloomberg's World's Richest list
- Samsung will sell its 10 millionth Galaxy S4 next week
- Time Warner Cable has its eye on Hulu, may buy into the service
- Google wins award for Advertiser of the Year from the Clio Awards
- RumorTT: Google to release white Nexus 4 on June 10, will run Android 4.3
- Apple finally sees iOS devices approved for US military networks
- NVIDIA opens up Shield pre-orders to the public, $349 will secure yours today
- SlimPort Summit 2013 Coverage - What is SlimPort?
- Is Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer eyeballing Tumblr?
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: What new stuff are you most excited to see at Computex Taipei 2013?View More Polls
- Linux Mint Nadia 64bit 4GB memory only showing 8GB installed
- H77 automatic restart after power outage
- ASRock driver installer crashes for H77 on Win 8 - 64-bit
- Transcend StoreJet Cloud 32GB Wireless Storage Device Review
- Sound Cards - Do We Still Need Them?
- ASUS Unveils Full Range of Z87 Motherboards- With Photos on the new design
- Deepcool Presents MULTI CORE X8 Notebook Cooler
- SilverStone Raven RV04 Chassis Detailed
- ORIGIN PC Offers The Ultimate Mobile Performance Bundle
- NVIDIA Reports Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal 2014
- The Sony Xperia SP - Available now
- BitFenix Reveals Prodigy Green and Blue
- ZOTAC Supercharges ZBOX with Intel Core i5 Desktop Processor
- Silicon Power Presents the New Generation of Xpower DDR3 Memory
- DisplayLink Launches New Mac OS X Driver for USB Docking
- AMD Announces Memory Series Designed With Gamers in Mind
- Mach Xtreme Introduces FX 256 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- MSI MS-98D1 EPIC IPC Motherboard Announced
- Cooler Master Announces N200, N400, and N600 Cases
- SEAGATE DELIVERS ON SOLID STATE STRATEGY: UNVEILS COMPLETE SSD PRODUCT LINE
- LG IPS COLORPRIME MONITOR NAMED BEST PHOTO MONITOR AT 2013 TIPA AWARDS
- DisplayLink to Demonstrate WiGig and USB Docking Expansion
- Corsair Components Turns to Francisco Partners for Strategic Investment
- PNY Launches New HP Portable Hard Drives
- McAfee to Acquire Stonesoft
- BIOSTAR to Showcase Exclusive Hi-Fi Puro Technology at Computex
- Advantech Launches ATX Intel Xeon E5 Industrial Serverboard
- ASRock Brings New Technology to Light! A-Style: Purity Sound
- Micron Unveils New PCIe I/O Accelerator
- Corsair Releases Drive Cloning Kit and SSD Software Utility
- Smart Storage Systems Intros First SAS SSD with 19 nm MLC Flash and 2 TB Capacity
- Cooler Master Launches N300 and N500 ATX Mid-Tower Cases
- FORMER OCZ AND CORSAIR EXECUTIVES TEAM UP AND LAUNCH AVID THINKER LLC
- Samsung Now Producing 4 Gb LPDDR3 Mobile DRAM, Using 20nm-class Process Technology
- Toshiba Launches Canvio Connect Portable Hard Drive
- EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ now also in Full Nickel & Full Copper
- COUGAR Value Line of PSUs Designed to Run Quiet
- LG BEGINS SALES OF WORLD'S FIRST CURVED OLED TV
- BIWIN - More Than Just Flash Products
- QNAP Releases Turbo NAS TS-x21 and TS-x20 Series for Home Users
- Monster Digital Debuts Overdrive 3.0 Solid State External Drives
- NuForce Releases the NE-650M In-Ear Headphones
- Western Digital Announces Q3 Revenue Of $3.8 Billion
- Corsair Obsidian 350D Premium Micro-ATX Chassis Launched
- Ashampoo Photo Commander 11: The photo suite that does it all