- Pre-Launch NV40 Pictures & Benchmarks
There's been a lot of speculation and rumours floating around about nVidia's upcoming NV40 GPU in the last few months but the folks over at RojakPot were lucky enough to score a final revision card for brief testing to show us what we can truely expect from nVidia with their latest and greatest, due to be released on the 13th of this month.
An NVIDIA employee who naturally wishes to remain anonymous secretly slipped us a final revision engineering sample of the NV40 when he dropped by Malaysia on the way back to the States. Unfortunately, because the employee has to deliver this very sample back to NVIDIA headquarters, we did not have much time to test it.
However, I'm sure the benchmarks that we managed to run will be able to give you a very good idea of how well the NV40 will perform even BEFORE its launch in San Francisco!
- Pioneer to produce 50GB Blu-ray disk technique
As though the confirmed upcoming dual-layer (8.5GB) technology wasn't enough to keep us content with the increasing demand for larger storage capacity. According to the Inquirer, Pioneer are set to produce *50* GB disks based on future Blu-ray technology, effectively doubling that of Blu-ray's conventional 27GB limit. Apparently this was achieved by using an electron to etch grooves on the disks as opposed to a laser beam. Amazing stuff.
The capacity of Blu-ray disks using conventional ultraviolet beams only supports 27GB, the wire said, but Pioneer will supply the technology under licence to other companies to boost that capacity to a massive 50GB.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Weekly Buyer's Guide: High End System - March 2004 @ Anandtech
- AMD: Per Aspera Ad Astra @ XBit Labs
- Bluetake BT500 Bluetooth Mouse @ Hardware-Pacers
- Logitech Dual Action Gamepad @ DesignTechnica
- Dell Digital Jukebox MP3 Player @ ByteSector
- Jasco's MP3 Transmitter @ NextGenElectronics
- Corsair PC3500 XMS Memory @ TheTechLounge
- Taiwan Goes DDR2 SDRAM @ XBit Labs
- Gigabyte 3DCooler-Ultra PCU31-VH P4/K7/K8 Heatsink @ FrostyTech
- Heatsink Installation Guide @ IAmNotAGeek
- SD System Mach II @ Hardware-TestDK
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.