- Plextor's 12X SATA DVD Burner Announced
I just discovered a press release from Plextor recently announcing the world's first Serial-ATA DVD recordable drive. The PX-712SA supports all DVD±R/RW formats at speeds of up to 12x meaning you can record a full DVD in less than 6 minutes. One very sweet (and no doubt pricey) drive. Head over to Plextor's site for all the details.
FREMONT, Calif. - March 10, 2004 - Demonstrating its technical leadership in the emerging Serial ATA (SATA) market, Plextor® Corp. today announced the PX-712SA DVD±R/RW drive with support for high-speed 12X DVD+R and 8X DVD-R recording. With the PX-712SA, users can record a full DVD in less than 6 minutes at a burst rate of 16.5 MB per second, allowing them to create, edit, and share customized DVDs faster than ever before.
The new internal drive is the first Plextor product to feature an integrated Serial ATA connection, enabling OEMs and System Integrators to leverage the benefits of Serial ATA. Serial ATA, which extends bandwidth to 150 MB/sec, is an evolutionary replacement for the Parallel ATA (E-IDE) physical storage interface. The interface supports one device per controller connection, eliminating master/slave configuration jumper issues. SATA also provides a substantial pin count reduction from Parallel ATA, while thinner cables help air-flow and improve cable routing.
- Blue LED Acrylic Footstep Mod
For all you modders out there that like to be 'in your face' as much as possible with your case modding antics, you may like to take a look at Computer Sphere's latest article on a set of glowing feet which throw a bunch of blue light all around the under-section of your case.
There are many different modifications to add appeal to you're case. Why not add something to you're computer feet to make them stand out. Just like you would buy a new pair of shoes, you want something unique and noticeable. Most likely you have the same feet that came on the case, the boring old black or beige feet with no height to them. The LED Acrylic Footstep Mod (Blue) adds stand out appeal with bright glowing LED's hooked to the feet.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- MSI GeForce FX5900XT-VTD128 @ HotHardware
- ATI All in Wonder Radeon 9600 Multimedia @ TweakNews
- GeForce FX 5700 Ultra with GDDR3 @ Tech Report
- Intel Prescott 2.8E vs Northwood 2.8C @ Hardware Zoom
- Intel Says "No" to 64-bit Pentium 4 in Retail @ XBit Labs
- Maxtor OneTouch USB External Hard Drive @ Whining Dog
- Crucial 7-in-1 Card Reader and 512MB CompactFlash Card @ BigBruin
- Seagate Unleashes Technology to Power 100+ Terabyte HDDs @ XBit Labs
- PNY Technologies & SanDisk Card Readers @ Digit-Life