- 4-way Hard Drive roundup
If you're on the lookout for a new hard drive, TBreak have a roundup going with four very different drives in terms of performance, ranging from 7200rpm through to 15,000rpms. Drives included are Seagate's Barracuda 7200.7 80gb, Maxtor's DiamondMax Plus 9 160gb, WD's Raptor 74gb, and Maxtor's Atlas 36gb 15,000rpm SCSI drive.
While rotation speeds have graduated from 4200RPM to 15000RPM, the hard drive continues to be the component that makes you curse your PC while endlessly waiting for Windows to finish swapping files. Increasing your systems memory certainly helps in gaining performance, but you still need to load an application from the hard drive to the memory.
Today, we take a look at four hard drives- from the now standard 7200RPM to the latest 10000RPM and even the high-end 15000PRM SCSI. We've tested each of these drives in Single and RAID 0 configurations.
- GeForce FX 5900 XT Shootout
For those (and i'm sure there are many of you) looking to snap up one of these awesome performing budget focused 5900 XT cards from nVidia, our friends at FiringSquad have rounded up several of them so you can get an idea of what each card has to offer.
The 5900 XT shares the Ti 4200's main trait in that it supports NVIDIA's flagship feature for feature; with the only difference being reduced performance. As a result, 5900 XTs have been quickly adopted. These cards can easily be found for under $200! Therefore we've decided to roundup a few of the best of these cards to see what they have to offer.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Voodoo PC Envy m:855 laptop @ Hexus
- Two new Athlon 64 barebones @ AMDBoard
- Logitech Z-2200 Speakers @ FastLane Hardware
- Altec Lansing X5021 Speakers @ NextGenElectronics
- Contour ShowCase for iPod 3G @ EnvyNews
- Bluetake BT500 Mouse @ NeoSeeker
- Logitech io Personal Digital Pen @ CoolTechZone
- Logitech Cordless Click! Plus @ EnvyNews
- Wireless USB Primer @ Anandtech
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.
Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!