- Corsair Announces New XMS2 (DDR2!) Product Line
Corsair officially announced their new DDR2 line of memory modules today, dubbed the XMS2 series. The first product we will see is the Twin2X1024-4300 which are a matched pair of 512MB 533MHz 240-pin DDR2 modules rated for JEDEC standard timings of 4-4-4-12. We can expect to see the availability of the modules starting in March and they'll also be sold singularly. Further information and specs over at Corsair's website. They also have a PDF FAQ discussing DDR2 technology here.
DDR2, the second generation of Double Data Rate memory technology, includes new features such as a larger 4-bit prefetch and programmable on-die termination (ODT) to reduce signal bounce and improve reliability at high speeds.
"This product is among the first and the fastest DDR2 modules in the world. It was designed specifically for gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts who demand exceptional performance" said Corsair President Andy Paul.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Chaintech Enters the SFF PC Market: IMO-Desk I651U @ XBit Labs
- Corsair TWINX1024RE-3200LL DDR @ Big Bruin
- Aerogate II Thermal Bus @ Thermal Bus
- NVIDIA Forceware v55 Review @ Hot Hardware
- OCZ BGA Copper Ram sinks @ Hybrid-Mods
- IDF Coverage @ Anandtech, BitTech, Hardware Zone, & Hexus