- Dell Inspiron XPS Preview
Anandtech have given us a sneek preview of Dell's new enthusiast orientated laptop. The Inspiron XPS is supposedly the mobile version of their Dimension XPS desktop system, and offers upgradeable GPU's (only through Dell though), along with several other nifty features. The full scoop over at Anandtech.
The significance of this particular notebook is two fold. First, Dell has a much easier time to go after the enthusiasts in the mobile market over the desktop because overclocking is understood to be nonexistent. A Dimension XPS system, meanwhile, provides limited options for the enthusiast that could just as well built one from the ground up with a wider range of performance enhancing options (RAID, overclocking, etc...). Considering the branding behind the Dell name and the expectations behind an enthusiast notebook, the Dell Inspiron XPS already has a good head on its shoulders. This will likely to appeal even to the general prospective desktop replacement owner.
- Backup that data the smart way!
DesignTechnica have an indepth guide up which explains how to go about keeping yourself out of trouble if you cop a hard disk failure or something along those lines. At the end of the day, we all know the data on your hdd's is THE most important aspect of your machine. As the old saying goes, "Better to be safe than sorry". Well worth reading through this excellent guide.
No matter how good the components in your computer are, sooner or later you will have a major failure on your hands. Unfortunately it's usually after such an event that people start thinking that they should have backed up their data.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Toshiba ET1 LCD Projector & nVidia GeForce FX Go5700 @ Trusted Reviews
- Apple iBook G4 12in @ Trusted Reviews
- Asus K8V Deluxe A64 Motherboard @ Legion Hardware
- Gigabyte 81PE1000 "GT" Edition @ Short-Media
- Gigabyte K8VNXP K8T800 Motherboard @ HardCOREWare
- Budget Gaming with the Giga-byte ATI 9200 @ Fulogic Hardware
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.