- VIA Announces KT880 Dual Channel Chipset for the AMD Athlon XP rocessor
Although some would say the ole' AthlonXP platform is a thing of the past, VIA along with many others know this is still far from being the case, we recieved word from VIA this morning that they have released their successor to the so-so KT600 chipset, the KT880. Finally we see dual channel from them, and a host of other nice new features, all of which you can read up on at the official site. You're guarenteed to see the big guns such as Asus, Gigabyte and MSI rolling out products with this tidy new chipset.
Taipei, Taiwan, 12 February 2004 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator and developer of silicon chip technologies and PC platform solutions, today announced that the new VIA KT880 dual channel chipset has been selected by the world's leading mainboard vendors including Asus, Gigabyte and MSI to power their flagship AMD Athlon XP processor platforms.
Featuring the DualStream64™ memory controller, an intuitive package of new dual channel DDR400 memory technologies, and a host of top-class connectivity features, the KT880 sports native Serial ATA/RAID, VIA Vinyl 6-channel Audio, 10/100 Ethernet, as well as optional VIA Vinyl Gold 8-channel Audio and VIA Velocity Gigabit Ethernet support through the addition of VIA companion controllers.
"With the launch of the KT880 chipset, VIA further extends our leadership position across the entire AMD processor platform," commented Chewei Lin, Vice President of Product Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Our customers are delighted to be able to add innovative new features to their AMD Athlon XP mainboards as they continue to see the platform playing an important role in their AMD product mix through 2004."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- AMD shows off four way Opteron box @ The Inquirer
- Soltek SL-K8AV-R Motherboard @ 3DXtreme
- iMON Universal IR Remote Control "Video Review" @ 3D GameMan
- 36GB WD Raptor @ Accelnation
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Experience @ OnlyNewz
- Corsair Hydrocool @ Hardware Zone
- TopSpeed 3.x External Water Cooling System @ System Cooling
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.