- Windows 64 Bit pre-release download
Microsoft have been kind enough to release a free beta trial version (lasting 360 days) of WinXP 64-Bit edition for all owners with 64-Bit extended systems. You can choose to either download the ISO image or have the CD sent to you.
Welcome! If you have a 64-bit ready PC, you now have the option to receive trial software for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems via CD or download. Read below about the different options for obtaining the pre-release software, and then use the links on the right to register to order the CD Kit or download product files. Please note that in either case, the pre-release software is time-limited and will expire in 360 days.
- Prescott Hyper-Threading Examined
The folks over at Accelnation have taken a further look into the Hyper-Threading capabilities of the new Prescott processors, and compare the performance of such against Northwood's variation which leaves us with some rather indefinate results.
For the most part, Hyper-Threading offered an increase of around 5% in applications that were optimized for SMP (Symmetrical Multi Processing). Most people attributed the minimal performance gain due to the P4's small 512k L2 cache that had to be split between two threads. Now that Prescott has launched with double the L1 and L2 cache, was cache necessarily the issue?
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- AOpen XC Cube EZ65 @ Hardware Zone
- Corsair TwinX PC4400 Dual Channel Memory Kit @ TweakNews
- OptoRite DD0401 8x DVD±RW @ CDRLabs
- Gyration UltraGT Keyboard/Mouse @ NextGenElectronics
- Ten Technologies That Refuse to Die @ Technology Review
- XPlite Software for WinXP @ TweakHound
- Graphics Chip Companies Prepare Affordable DirectX 9.0 Offerings @ Xbit Labs
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.