- Maxxing Out The NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200
Adrian's Rojak Pot have taken a look at nVidia's Go5200 GPU for a second time, as their first article was done with the Toshiba Satellite M30 which had sideband support disabled and under-clocked core/mem speeds. Unfortunately, this didn't help it much at all, still failing to perform as much as one would have hoped.
With such a small memory buffer, AGP texturing would definitely be required. Unfortunately, the motherboard used in the Toshiba Satellite M30 only came with support for AGP 4X. Worse still, Toshiba disabled the Go5200's AGP sideband support for some reason.
Therefore, I thought it would be interesting to see how well the Go5200 can performed if it was reclocked and its AGP sideband support enabled. Although nothing can be done about its small memory size, the boost in clock speeds and AGP sideband support should speed things up quite a bit. Let's see how I fared!
- Futuremark Announces Patch for PCMark'04
Futuremark today announced the availability of a new software patch (Build 110) for their recent PCMark'04 benchmarking suite. It's apparent that the implementation of the new patch doesn't affect scores, it merely fixes reported bugs and improves on overall stability.
A list of mirrors for the patch (2.6mb) as well as the option to grab the full updated PCMark'04 package can be accessed at the official Futuremark download page.
Technical Details associated with the PCMark04 Patch (Build 110):
- Hard Disk Tests now work also on Windows 2000;
- Command line options have been added for the Pro version (enables automated test runs based on self developed scripts);
- WMV Compression test stability has been improved;
- All reported and reproduced minor issues have been fixed.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Gigabyte to launch second-brand motherboards in March @ Digitimes
- DFI LANPARTY 865PE @ Hexus
- Panasonic TC-15LT1 LCD TV @ ByteSector
- Cyberlink Power DVD 5 Deluxe @ Trusted Reviews
- Digitalway MPIO FL 100 MP3 Player @ DesignTechnica
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.