- Windows XP Service Pack 1 VS Service Pack 2
The folks at OnlyNewZ have benchmarked the performance of a machine running WinXP SP1 against the same machine running an updated build of SP2. Due to SP2 including a stack of new features/fixes and the like, i'm sure many are wondering if a performance hit/gain comes with this. Check the benchies out!
A new day a new article :) A lot of people know the great new features in Windows XP service pack 2, like new ad blocking feature, a better Firewall with some nice options included, Wireless support, a new Windows Updater and ofcourse all the latest patches and updates.
Is Windows XP still the Windows XP from the past? Does this new Service Pack slow down the performance or give a boost? Is the system more stable? Do games play better than before? All those questions give the spirit to make some benchmarks. Game benchmarks and software benchmarks should give us a good view of stability and performance.
- CATALYST 4.1 Driver Report
Our friends at FiringSquad have an article up discussing the latest 4.1 driver suite for ATI cards and whats to be expected with a switch from the previous 3.10's. Based on what they have to say, not much!
As expected, ATI rang in the new year with another CATALYST driver release, version 4.1 to be exact. If you don't recall, ATI's CATALYST driver team has committed itself to releasing a new driver every month, so we expect to see twelve driver releases this calendar year. As ATI's first driver release for 2004, last week's driver was dubbed 4.1, with the "4" signifying the year the driver was released and the one designating it as the first driver released this year. More than a few of you have commented about this naming system in the news comments, but it looks like ATI is sticking to their guns on this one so everyone will have to get used to it by the time October 2004 hits.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Morpheusware nForce Remix Drivers and Driver FAQ @ EnvyNews
- Inno3D FX5700 Ultra @ Overclocker Cafe
- DFI Lanparty PRO975B @ HardCOREWare
- Intel to Manufacture Mainboards in Russia? @ Xbit Labs
- Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Memory @ TweakNews
- SMC Wireless USB Flash Drive @ EnvyNews
- MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth @ ByteSector