- ATI v. 3.10 VS OMEGA v. 2504 VS DNA v. 9.3.10a
Driverheaven have soaked up quite a bit of time in comparing the latest modified driver sets for ATI based cards from Omega and DNA, along with the official 3.10's as a reference. Definitely a worthwhile read if you're still umm'ing and ahh'ing about whether or not the switch to modded driver sets is a good idea.
This is a close up look concentrating on the Omega and DNA drivers. The official 3.10's are also compared as a reference to show how well these driver sets fare against the Official Drivers they are based on. With recent events and the lack of any other official testing, I set off to take a good look at these drivers. I'd like to start off skipping the standard ATI installer we've all seen many times before and go directly to the Omega and DNA installers.
- AMD Athlon 64 Heatsink Roundup
There's quite a few heatsinks around nowadays which are designed for the Athlon64 platform, the folks at Madshrimps decided to round up 5 of them (incl. the boxed cooler for reference) and also throwing in the popular Asetek Waterchill kit. An ideal read if you're still contemplating what to cool your new chip with.
Great performance, and a silent computer mostly don't go together.... So today I'll be testing some cooling solutions for the Athlon 64. Starting from the simplest cooling solution, the boxed cooler, and ending with a more advanced and complete watercooling setup.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ASUS Warns About Deforming Capacitors @ XBit Labs
- FlyTV Prime 34 FM (FlyVideo 3000 FM) TV&FM Tuner @ Digit-Life
- Spire SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV Copper Core Heatsink @ FrostyTech
- JacolTech 5.25 Drive Bay Water Tank @ Red & Blackness Mods
- Corsair Hydrocool 200 EX Xtreme Water Cooling System @ Tech-Mods
- Air Purification On Your Desk @ Firing Squad
- Thermaltake's Extreme Spirit North & South Bridge Cooler @ TechTastic