- ASUS Introduces QuieTrack Series
A press release from ASUSTeK today introduces their new "QuieTrack" optical drive series, said to provide the quietest operation of any optical drive on the market. Nice work ASUS! - You can grab the full PR in word format by right clicking here and choosing "Save target as".
Taipei, Taiwan, January 5, 2004 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), a leading provider of high-performance optical drives, today introduced the ASUS QuieTrack Optical Drive Series. Incorporating three advanced features, the all-new QuieTrack drives, as the name suggests, provide a quiet, distraction-free environment. The first two models of the series are the CD-S520/A4 52X CD-ROM and CRW-5232AS CD Rewriter. They are the world's quietest optical drives operating at 39dB while competing products remain at approximately 50dB.
- A skylight on the World
The folks at Bit-Tech have their second modding guide up, following on from this one. It explains how to go about creating a top window for your case, not exactly something many have considered doing i'm sure, but the end result actually looks very damn cool.
Following on from part 1, and as promised, let's look at creating a top window. Windows can come in all shapes and sizes. They can be small and just cover a small part of the case top to reveal a particular feature inside the case, all the way up to encompassing the entire case top. With experience, (and the right tools), the shape is limited only by your imagination. For the purposes of this article and to demonstrate the basic techniques involved I will stick to a simple rectangular shape.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Sony announces their new high capacity Hi-MD format @ Yahoo News
- Xtrac Maddots Mouse Smoothing @ TechTastic
- DDR-2: The Memory of Tomorrow? @ Hardware Central
- High Definition Television @ Unique Hardware
- CES 2004: Blowing Bubbles @ Toms Hardware
- Microsoft at CES 2004 @ Hardware Zone
- Internal memo confirms IBM move to Linux desktop @ The Inquirer