Today, Samrat Sharma, senior online producer for Guerrilla Games took to Sony's PlayStation Blog to announce the details of the new multiplayer DLC expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall. Titled the Insurgent Pack, the DLC includes new features for multiplayer including a brand new Character Class, 3 new abilities, 3 new weapons and 2 new game modes.
In the DLC we learn that the Helghast government has been covertly providing funding The Black Hand, whose operatives have been infiltrating Vekta City. The DLC allows these insurgents to be playable for the first time in the games history, and is what the DLC is centered around. Rather than type out all of the new details, I have pasted the full list provided by Sharma below.
The Insurgent - a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
- The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By Using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
3 New Abilities - The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities
- E-Pulse emitter - a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
- Tactical Echo emitter - a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
- Guard Drone - The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
3 New Weapons - Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
- M82 - the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
- L512 SMG Pistol - this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
- Sta14 Rifle - The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
New Single Player Elite Mode - The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
- 3 lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
New Online Collectibles - Find the online collectibles crates in-game for rewards
- A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in-game, collect more and stand to win rewards in-game.
Insurgent Personalisation Pack -
- 1 OWL Skin
- 3 Spotlight Moves
- 1 Voice Over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices