- ATi 9800XT vs nVidia 5950 Ultra
Looking to go leaps and bounds with your next video card purchase? DriverHeaven compare these two monsters by nVidia and ATI.
Back in October when we had our first look at the 9800 XT its competition was the 5900 Ultra. 2 months down the line Nvidia have released their refresh to the 5900 Ultra design, the higher clocked differently cooled 5950 Ultra. Read on to find out how it fares in our benchmarks and also to find out how Sapphires take on the 9800 XT scores.
- AMD opteron 146
The folks at DriverHeaven have been busy this weekend, they've also taken a look at AMD's Opteron 146 CPU. It's compared with a more mainstream approach (rather than being server or workstation orientated) against a decently overclocked 2500+ Barton (operating at 3200+ speeds).
My main processor for the last few months has been the excellent AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton). Coupled with the NF7-S I have in my main PC it was able to obtain 3200+ speeds without breaking a sweat. Here for review today I have one of AMD's new 64-bit based processors, the Opteron 146. Rather than see how it performs as a Workstation or Server chip (there are already hundreds of reviews available that cover those tests) lets see how it stacks up against the Barton at 3200+ as a desktop chipů
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Rio Fuse 128MB MP3 Player @ Soundcard Central
- Seagate Starts Selling 200GB HDDs @ Xbit Labs
- December 2003 Hardware News Overview @ Xbit Labs
- ASUS Radeon 9800XT/TVD @ SharkyExtreme
- ATI "Not Jumping too Far" with R4xx VPU Series @ Xbit Labs