After releasing the GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti and GTX Titan Black video cards, NVIDIA released the GeForce 334.89 WHQL drivers. The chip maker claims that the new driver has performance optimizations of up to 19%, along with 12 new and improved 3D Vision profiles and 6 new SLI profiles.
According to the release notes, the 334.89 WHQL drivers have introduced fixes for certain games and applications, such as fixing low frame rate, frame drops and shuttering issues in Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, losing ambient occlusion while sprinting in Half-Life 2 and providing 'Enable SLI' option in its control panel for GTX 460 in SLI. Another notable fix was for NVIDIA ShadowPlay, as the older drivers caused certain games to crash or lock up with 3-way/Quad SLI setups.
NVIDIA also pointed out certain issues with the newer WHQL drives, such as Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Warframe unable to use GPU PhysX acceleration on Maxwell GPUs with 32-bit operating systems, though NVIDIA also points out that Ubisoft will release a game patch in March for Assassin's Creed IV, whereas Digital Extreme would release a new patch very soon.
According to NVIDIA, the following games have gained performance from GTX Titan, GTX 780 Ti, GTX 780 and GTX 770:
- Up to 19% in F1 2013
- Up to 18% in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 16% in Hitman Absolution
- Up to 15% in Company of Heroes 2
- Up to 10% in Assassin's Creed 3
- Up to 7% in BioShock Infinite
- Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
- Up to 5% in Total War: Rome 2
The following games have SLI profiles:
- Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry
- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
- Gas Guzzlers
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- The Crew
The drivers can be installed from the following links: