TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,676 Reviews & Articles | 36,078 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Windows 8.1 passes Windows Vista in OS market share

Microsoft sees Windows 8.1 climb ahead of Windows Vista for OS market share

| Operating Systems News | Posted: Feb 3, 2014 8:29 am

Net Applications' data for January 2014 shows that both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 didn't make much progress for the first month of the year. Both operating systems gained 0.09% combined, with Windows 8 even falling 0.26%, but Windows 8.1 grew by 0.35%.

 

TweakTown image news/3/5/35207_05_windows_8_1_passes_windows_vista_in_os_market_share.png

 

Windows 7 dropped 0.03% from 47.52% to 47.49%. Windows Vista is slowly dropping, 0.31% for the month down from 3.61% to 3.30%. Windows XP on the other hand, regained some market share, increasing 0.25% for the month. Net Applications data comes thanks to 160 million unique visitors' data being captured, by over 40,000 websites for its clients.

NEWS SOURCE
Thenextweb.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Operating Systems news at our Operating Systems news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below