TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,676 Reviews & Articles | 36,073 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Spotify pays 'more than two times more' than YouTube to artists

Spotify is kinder to its artists, says it pays them 'significantly' more than the competition (NASDAQ:GOOG)

| Business, Financial & Legal News | Posted: Dec 4, 2013 11:34 am

Spotify has just launched a new set of tools that artists, managers and others can use to track the popularity of their music on the music streaming service. Spotify continues to focus on communicating to the music industry that its service is great for artists, and that all of the bad words you hear about music streaming isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

 

TweakTown image news/3/4/34246_10_spotify_pays_more_than_two_times_more_than_youtube_to_artists.png

 

Spotify provides an analytics dashboard, which allows artists a real-time look at just how much their content is being listened to. Also included in this, are details on listeners, such as age, gender, location of their listeners and more. Spotify one-ups this though, providing details on just how the royalties are paid out from Spotify.

 

It also shows other avenues where Spotify exposes artists to the public, with the music streaming company saying that it pays "more than two times more" than ad-supported services like YouTube, and "significantly" more than traditional and online radio services. Spotify holds just 30% of the profits, giving the remaining 70% to its artists.

NEWS SOURCE
Techspot.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Business, Financial & Legal news at our Business, Financial & Legal news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below