- K8 mobo voltage modding
The website famous for posting all sorts of exotic voltage modding guides, VR Zone Hardware has posted several guides on voltage modding Athlon 64 motherboards from EPoX, Shuttle, MSI and Albatron. If you the type of person who is willing to take a risk from time to time, check into these.
Firstly, for Vcore, locate the IC chip shown in the picture near the socket. Its the ISL6559 chip. Connect a 20K ohms variable resistor to pin 10. The other end of the VR is to be connected to a grounded spot. Start with maximum resistance and tune downwards to increase Vcore.
- GeForce FX 5950 vs. Radeon 9800 XT
Tech Nation in the UK has posted an article comparing nVidia's new GeForce FX 5950 against ATI's monster 9800 XT graphics card. If that wasn't enough for you, they strap in an Intel Pentium 4 EE processor too for good measure.
We've used the Intel 3.2Ghz Extreme Edition on the ASUS P4C800 Canterwood board as the test platform for the review, and the write-up includes our usual fare of interactive graphs as well as video footage and sound. Benchmarks include UT2003, Final Fantasy XI, Halo, Splinter Cell and a custom Elite Force 2 timedemo.
- 3D Blaster 5 FX5900 Review
Guru of 3D has taken a look at the stylish looking 3D Blaster 5 which is based on nVidia's GeForce FX 5900 GPU with 128MB of RAM onboard.
Today's review ladies and gentlemen is based on the GeForce FX 5900, not the Ultra model, just the 5900. Basically this is the entry model in the high-end graphics card series. That means a better price but still awesome performance.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Antec PSU Tester @ BitBenders
- Vantec ION 400B 400watt power supply @ OC Prices
- EZ Watcher 3060 Barebone System @ X-Bit Labs
- ABIT Siluro FX @ HEXUS
- Kenwood HTB-506 Home Theater System @ Designtechnica
- Leadtek K8NW Pro NForce 3 Pro Socket 940 Motherboard @ AMD Zone
- ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro @ Accelenation
- Neuros 20 gig MP3 Jukebox @ Tech Tastic