I wanted to say "here we go again" but I've already used that line up in a previous GTA V on PC story, but the rumors persist, and we're here yet again. But, this time, we have more details on the technical side of GTA V.
The latest talk of Grand Theft Auto V on the PC leads us to believe that we should expect GTA V on the PC to feature DirectX 11 support, 64-bit support, 2K textures and Advanced Effects> These advanced effects would arrive as Bloom, which should make the world of GTA V more lush when you look at the horizon. The 64-bit support will see support for more than 4GB of RAM, which is definitely something we're going to need with a world as big as GTA V.
The code that the evidence is coming from is below:
- 985459 - PC - [PT][PB] Crash - > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
- 614622 - [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
- 632447 - [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
- 496009 - [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
- (no x64 prebuild cover) - Boot checks completed only.
- Base AudioCL#s: Playstation 3 and XBOX: 3772801; PC CL 3773483