Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
6,677 Reviews & Articles | 45,631 News Posts

Galaxy S4 catches fire in mans pocket, explodes shortly after

Samsung Galaxy S4 explodes in a mans pocket, lithium battery seems to be the cause (KRX:005930, NASDAQ:GOOG)
| Mobile Devices, Tablets & Phones News | Posted: Sep 23, 2013 11:27 am

Manolo Rodriguez isn't happy with his Galaxy S4 after he heard it sizzling in his chest pocket, before it exploded. He said: "I tried to reach for the phone and pull it out, but it was too hot. So I retracted my hand, closed the zipper and then unzipped the center one so I could get my jacket off."

 

galaxy_s4_catches_fire_in_mans_pocket_explodes_shortly_after_04

 

Rodriguez was in a Goodwill store at the time, where he threw it to the floor. The Galaxy S4 ended up burning right through his jacket, getting so hot that it singed the floor and Rodriguez's fingertips. He added: "If I had been talking on the phone or something, it could have exploded in my face. It could have been worse."

 

Rodriguez has hired an attorney, where he hopes to see Samsung recall the 20 million+ Galaxy S4's in the wild. While he wants, Rodriguez purchased himself an HTC One.

NEWS SOURCES:Katu.com

Related Tags

Got an opinion on this news? Post a comment below!

Latest News Posts

View More News Posts

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Or Scroll Down