TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,687 Reviews & Articles | 36,209 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Nokia's Stephen Elop will receive a $25.4 million payout

Nokia and Microsoft will pay Stephen Elop $25.4 million for his help in brokering the acquisition deal (NASDAQ:MSFT, NYSE:NOK)

| Business, Financial & Legal News | Posted: Sep 20, 2013 1:31 am

Nokia's Stephen Elop will receive a very nice paycheck as soon as the acquisition of Nokia is completed by Microsoft. Elop will reportedly cash in to the tune of $25.4 million as payout for stepping down as the CEO when Microsoft announced that it would be buying Nokia.

 

TweakTown image news/3/3/33027_1_nokia_s_stephen_elop_will_receive_a_25_4_million_payout.jpg

 

The pay will include cash and early vesting of stock awards with Nokia only being responsible for 30 percent of the value. Microsoft will be taking care the remaining 70 percent and will see Elop transfer over to Microsoft and head up its Devices and Services business when the deal closes. That is, however, if Elop is not chosen to fill Steve Ballmer's seat when he retires later this year.

NEWS SOURCE
Allthingsd.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Business, Financial & Legal news at our Business, Financial & Legal news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below