This morning, TT eSports officially announced the launch of the POSEIDON, an illuminated gaming keyboard. TT eSports says that they built the POSEIDON with the goal of providing a quality Cherry MX switch-based keyboard, while retaining an extremely affordable price, allowing more gamers around the world the chance to experience the difference a mechanical keyboard can make. Our own Anthony Garreffa got a chance to check out the POSEIDON back in June at Computex 2013.
The keyboard is constructed out of a hefty ABS plastic body that gives the keyboard a very solid feel and virtually removes all flex when pushing down on the keyboard. TT eSports says the POSEIDON was designed meticulously with no shortcuts being taken in the construction or overall function, giving this mechanical keyboard a premium feel while retaining a budget friendly price.
The POSEIDON is a pretty bare-bones gaming keyboard that provides everything you need without excessive clutter from macro keys or extra functionality. It is truly a plug-and-play experience with no extra software needed, allowing it to become the "ultimate plug-and-play" keyboard for gaming at home or on the go. The POSEIDON will retail at an MSRP of $79.99 and will begin shipping out worldwide later this month. Below I have listed some of the features that make the POSEIDON a leader in its class.
- Cherry MX Blue switches - Perfect for the user who prefers a tactile and clicky response. These switches are built for speed and durability, and are rated to last for 50 million keystrokes.
- Fully Back-Lit keyboard -With an LED under each cap, the POSEIDON Illuminated is a fully back-lit keyboard, offering 4 levels of adjustable brightness via the Fn (function) + F11/F12 keys.
- N-Key Rollover - With 6-8 Key N-Key Rollover support, gamers can freely hit multiple combinations of keys at a time for a fluid gaming session.
- Accessible Media Keys - With the Fn (function) + F1-F7 keys, you can control your volume and media player anytime, without having to minimize your current game or program.
- Disable Windows key switch - With the disable 'windows key' button, gamers can prevent accidental presses of the windows key while in-game, and avoid frustration from accidentally jumping out of an intense game mid-battle.