TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,687 Reviews & Articles | 36,220 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Ouya: 73% of Ouya owners haven't purchased a game yet

73% of Ouya owners haven't purchased a game yet

| Gaming Consoles News | Posted: Jul 26, 2013 9:31 am

I received my Ouya console a few weeks ago, but it just hasn't excited me that much. I feel like it's just a half-baked product, and it seems like I'm not alone. Ouya CEO, Julie Uhrman, has said that the console is performing well, but game sales are very slow.

 

TweakTown image news/3/1/31950_01_ouya_73_of_ouya_owners_haven_t_purchased_a_game_yet.jpg

 

Slow enough, that only 27% of Ouya owners have purchased a game, leaving the other 73% playing the free titles. I'm in that group of 73%, as there's nothing that has caught my fancy on Ouya just yet. Uhrman, when talking to The Verge, said: "Monetization on Ouya is so far better than we expected. It takes time to build what traditional consoles have had decades to build."

 

She continued: "There are a lot of social and mobile app developers that would kill for an eight percent attach rate on a platform that's 30 days old. These numbers will grow as more gamers pick up consoles, and as we attract more developers, and I believe that by the end of the year, we'll see a few developers telling us they've made more than a million dollars on Ouya."

NEWS SOURCE
Polygon.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Gaming Consoles news at our Gaming Consoles news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below