TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,683 Reviews & Articles | 36,178 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Time Warner Cable has its eye on Hulu, may buy into the service

Time Warner Cable looking to buy 33% equity stake in Hulu

| Internet & Websites News | Posted: May 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Time Warner Cable (TWC) has in the past mentioned that it would like its own Aereo-like service and we may have just figured out how they plan to reach that goal. Bloomberg is reporting that TWC is considering buying a major equity stake in Hulu so that they "could offer Hulu to its customers as a bundled service inside and outside of the home with its current products."

 

TweakTown image news/3/0/30439_1_time_warner_cable_has_its_eye_on_hulu_may_buy_into_the_service.jpg

 

This would allow TWC customers to watch their favorite shows on Hulu without having to purchase a Hulu Plus subscription package. The deal would see Time Warner Cable taking a 33 percent stake in Hulu with the other 67 percent being held by Disney, Comcast and News Corp.

 

Glenn Britt, CEO of Time Warner Cable, said that this move would offer TWC customers more value and would fill a void in the industry where cable customers need more flexibility. He said that he wants to offer customers "smaller, more affordable packages that don't cost them upward of $100 a month."

NEWS SOURCES
Bgr.com, Bloomberg.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Internet & Websites news at our Internet & Websites news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below