While Apple's share price continues to tumble - I'm sure there's a better word for that... nosedive? - Google Q1 2013 earnings are in, and what a report they have to share with the world. A break down of the numbers is below:
- $13.97 billion in revenue for the quarter, up 31-percent year-over-year
- $3.48 billion in operating income, up slightly y-o-y but down as a percentage of revenue
- Google-owned sites represented $8.64 billion of those revenues
- Google Network (partner sites) represented $3.26 billion of revenue
- Motorola posted $1.02 billion in revenues, 7-percent of Google's total
- Motorola ended with an operating loss of $271 million for Q1
The total revenue for the quarter being $13.97 billion, sees a huge 31% increase year-over-year. Motorola are still posting a loss, but I think we'll see the last of those in the coming months, and by this time next year we should see Motorola hopefully making all of Google's hardware.