Our Ask the Experts section has a new question, where we have Ahmad from Malaysia wanting to upgrade his GPU but before he does, he wants to make sure there's not going to be a CPU bottleneck, and that his PSU is capable of taking the upgraded GPU.
Q: Here's my spec:
- MB: MSI 7636 H55M E33 Chipset AMI BIOS v10
- PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W
- CPU: i3 530
- RAM: 2 X KVR1333D3N9/4G (8GB)
- HDD: 1 X ST3320418AS Seagate Barracuda 320GB and 1 X WD 500GB
- GPU: ASUS GT 440 1GB DDR5
- OS: Win7 64bit ultimate
- DISPLAY: 32" Sony Bravia EX65 1080p
Im thinking of upgrading my GPU to 7850, will it be any problem especially on CPU bottleneck, the PSU (since Cooler Master Power calculator tells me i need 550w ones). What do you guys recommend?
A: You can view the answer to Ahmad's question right here.