Piriform have released CCleaner 4.0, which includes a bunch of new features and the usual improvements. Two new tools are available with version 4.0, the first 'Duplicate File Finder' and the second 'System and Browser Monitoring'.
CCleaner 4.0 includes improved graphics and icons, major performance increases and support for new applications. As for the two new features, here's a run down on what they can do for you:
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete - freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you're a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
As for the improvements:
- New improved graphics and icon.
- Improved internal architecture for better performance.
- New Duplicate File Finder tool.
- New System and Browser Monitoring (Pro Version).
- Optimized and improved Registry Cleaning.
- Added cleaning for Avast Antivirus 8, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Samsung Kies and Real Player 16.
- Improved Drive Wiper performance.
- Optimized Startup item detection algorithm.
- Optimized 64-bit builds on Windows 7 and 8.
- Many performance improvements and bug fixes.
You can download CCleaner 4.0 here.