We've already been greeted with the PlayStation 4 specs, and now it's edging closer to Microsoft's time of unveiling their next-gen Xbox. Gaming Capacity have spoken with a source, who has had hands-on time with the next-gen Xbox prototype, unveiling some new details. The source wanted to stay anonymous, stating the following in regards to testing:
Microsoft has the prototypes monitored under a microscope and an air tight confidentiality clause.
The source was able to unveil some details, which might surprise some:
- While no confirmation on an announcement date, E3 will be "Party Central" in the Xbox booth
- The new '720" will have 3x the processing speed of the current 360
- No hard release date but it looks like Holiday 2013
- 2 launch versions. 320 GB Arcade / 500 GB Pro. Exact pricing is unknown
- 1 TB HDD available as a separate purchase
- It will not include Blu-Ray
- No picture was available as prototype consoles are packaged in a 360 slim case to "avoid complications" about the design until announcement
- Tech Specs; AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, Direct3d 11.x 800MHz GPU, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM
- Xbox Smartglass is still a feature in use
- No word on Kinect 2.0
- No word on "Immersive" technology being implemented
We should expect full details at E3 in June, so the wait isn't too long, folks.
Further Reading: Read and find more Gaming news at our Gaming news index page.