TweakTown
Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world
5,676 Reviews & Articles | 36,072 News Posts
Weekly Giveaway: Fractal Design Arc Cases Contest (Global Entry!)

Jelly Bean adoption numbers continue to expand

Android Jelly Bean market share expands, all without the introduction of new jelly bean flavors

| Operating Systems News | Posted: Mar 6, 2013 7:29 am

It's that time of the month again, where we get to take a look at the Android platform numbers. Versions 4.1 and 4.2, also known as Jelly Bean, are slowly but surely chomping away at more of that mobile OS market share pie.

 

TweakTown image news/2/8/28918_01_jelly_bean_adoption_numbers_continue_to_expand.jpg

 

Breaking them down into two sections for 4.1 and 4.2, we have 14.9% and 1.6%, respectively. Combined, we have 16.5% of all Android devices now running Jelly Bean, a nice 2.9% increase in from the last time we looked at the numbers. Gingerbread dropped from 45.6% to now just 44.2%, a drop of 1.4% and we've also seen Ice Cream Sandwich melt down a little, from 29% to 28.6%, a small drop of just 0.4%.

NEWS SOURCE
Androidcentral.com

Related Tags

Further Reading: Read and find more Operating Systems news at our Operating Systems news index page.

Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!

Post a Comment about this news

Latest Tech News Posts

View More News Posts

Latest Downloads

View More Latest Downloads

TweakTown Web Poll

Question: Did EA kill the Battlefield franchise with the terrible BF4 issues?

Yes, Battlefield is doomed

No, Battlefield will live on strong

I'm not sure, but I know EA needs to improve its game

or View the Results

View More Polls

Forum Activity

View More Forum Posts

Press Releases

View More Press Releases
Get TweakTown updates via Facebook!
Just click the "Like" button below