Are you in a daring type of mood? If so, this might be just the right thing for you. EntCity found a way to modify the Creative Audigy 2 drivers and tools to work on older Live and Audigy 1 series sound cards. If you've got nothing better to do, go give it a try and stop by our forums and let us know if you actually noticed any difference in overall sound quality.
1. Install hacked Audigy2 Drivers and Apps as written in this post.More information @ EntCity
2. Download all updates (short changelog) from the link in that post.
3. Install application updates (all files except AUD2DRVL11021217.exe).
4. Extract AUD2DRVL11021217.exe using WinRAR 3.10 to folder of your choice.
5. Run this file and point to the same folder as Audigy2 Driver.
6. Run setup.exe in that folder.