Microsoft has detailed the planned locations for the first six stores of 2013. The locations are across the United States, ranging from the east coast to the west. Microsoft says 2012 saw 51 stores opened, though that number includes numerous "popup" stores, which featured limited selection for the holidays.
The next six stores will be located at the following places:
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis
These six new permanent installations will bring Microsoft's store count to 37 across the US and Canada. For comparison, Apple has 250 retail locations in the US, with 140 internationally.