What a few days it has been!
We changed from our older servers over to a new host with a single high-powered dual Xeon server with all the trimmings such as RAID 10 Intel SSDs, 48GB of RAM and more. We thought it would be a fairly simple process to move all of our files and databases over to the new server and get online in a few hours. The new server is running a different server control panel with some other different configurations that we weren't familiar with. It really did a good job of confusing us all, but finally we are back online. Things are not 100% perfect yet, but we're close. Apache redirects... grrrrr!
We are working as fast as we can to bring the site back to 100% working order, it won't be long now. The good news is that we are now on a very powerful server that is going to be able to hold up when we get hit with a lot of traffic, and it will also be a great server for us to grow into as we continue to grow. It's been an expensive and stressful event, but we've learnt a lot.
I would like to single out Dave from WiredTree (and the rest of the support team, too) for helping us migrate from our older servers. Thanks for your help guys and dealing with our constant questions and pestering. It has been a testing few days for sure, but we're almost at the end.