Microsoft had announced their plans to release an official SkyDrive app for Android a few weeks ago, and they have kept their word and released an app today so that users can have access to their files across all of the various devices you may own and use. The app is designed for Android 4.0, but only requires Android 2.3 or higher.
The main features of the new app:
- Access your SkyDrive-documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos-send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files-delete or create new folders.
In other words, it does basically everything you would expect the app to do; it allows file uploads and downloads and the ability to manage those files, go figure. Microsoft did their best to keep "the same intuitive design of all SkyDrive experiences" while integrating some of the conventional Android interactions.
Mike Torres, Group Program Manager of SkyDrive Apps, asks that you give the app a run and that the team can't wait to hear what you have to think. The app is available in the Google Play store.