Our Mobile App of the Day is SwiftKey X Keyboard for Android.
- Android typing has never been this easy.
- * Global Mobile Awards Most Innovative App 2012 *
- SwiftKey X Keyboard makes typing much easier on your phone, replacing your touchscreen keyboard with one powered by smarter natural language technology.
- SwiftKey X understands how words work together, giving much more accurate corrections and predictions than other keyboards. Very sloppy typing will magically make sense, and SwiftKey X also powerfully predicts the word you may want next.
- SwiftKey X learns as you use it to make typing easier and even more accurate over time, and you can also personalize it using your Gmail, Facebook, Twitter or blog posts.
- This app is among Android's best selling apps for a reason -- it genuinely transforms your keyboard, making typing a breeze and saving you hassle every day.
(enable up to three at once if you're multi-lingual)
- English (US)
- English (UK)
- French (FR)
- French (CA)
- Portuguese (PT)
- Portuguese (BR)
- Spanish (ES)
- Spanish (US)
- Support for QWERTY, QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY, DVORAK, COLEMAK, Arabic, Bulgarian, Greek, Hebrew, Scandinavian, Russian and Ukrainian layouts.
Sometimes during upgrade Android will disable the keyboard. If this happens to you go to your phone settings and choose Language & Keyboard, and make sure there is a tick in the checkbox by SwiftKey X. Then access SwiftKey X settings to re-select it as default.
See our FAQ, support and ideas forum at http://support.swiftkey.net/
We take your privacy very seriously. This app does not learn from password fields and all language data learned on your device is stored on your SD card and never transferred.
Internet connection permission is required to install this app, so that language module files and cloud personalization data can be downloaded.
You can download SwiftKey X Keyboard for Android directly from the Google Play store on your device, or here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Apps news at our Apps news index page.