Facebook in their quest to take over the world, are giving away Timeline personal cards for a limited time and while supplies last in an effort to help users promote their profiles and a new partnership with moo.com.
200,000 sets of 50 cards each (5,000 per day) are being given away for free, on a first come, first serve basis. In order to get your Timeline business cards, follow these steps:
1. Visit your Facebook Timeline profile.
2. Click the About link under the basic personal information section.
3. Navigate to the Contact Info section and mouse over the small business card icon.
4. You should see a message from Facebook that says, "We've partnered with moo.com to make it easy to print your very own set of custom business cards. The first box of cards is on us."
5. Click Print Cards to proceed.
Before typing this news, I tried it myself and they're sold out today. At only 5,000 per day, it's going to be next to impossible to order them. It may seem like a gimmick, but customizable Timeline cards could be a great way to network with new contacts.