Our Download of the Day today is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.
• Light speed quick scanning.
• Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
• Database updates released daily.
• Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
• Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
• Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
• A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
• Multi-lingual support.
• Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
• Command line support for quick scanning.
• Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.60
# New Features:
* Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection.
* Incremental updates (paid version only).
* Ability to password protect key program settings (paid version only).
* Improved reliability and performance of the update process.
* Detection and removal engine enhancements.
* System tray icon now dynamically displays selected language.
* Settings for Protection Module behavior can be changed without protection being active.
* Improved DOR (Delete On Reboot) technology to enhance threat removal process.
* Restructured log formats to include greater detail on system information and detected threats.
* Improved error messages to make them more user friendly.
* Scheduled updates now occur within 15 minutes of scheduled time.
* Custom log locations now displayed in Logs tab.
* Protection logs can be saved in custom locations.
* Program version release date now displayed on About tab.
# Issues Fixed:
* Fix for database not updating properly on Czech installations of Microsoft Windows.
* Fix for certain scenarios where scans failed to complete.