Our Download of the Day today is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.
Light speed quick scanning.
Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
Database updates released daily.
Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
Command line support for quick scanning.
Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.60
# New Features:
* Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection.
* Incremental updates (paid version only).
* Ability to password protect key program settings (paid version only).
* Improved reliability and performance of the update process.
* Detection and removal engine enhancements.
* System tray icon now dynamically displays selected language.
* Settings for Protection Module behavior can be changed without protection being active.
* Improved DOR (Delete On Reboot) technology to enhance threat removal process.
* Restructured log formats to include greater detail on system information and detected threats.
* Improved error messages to make them more user friendly.
* Scheduled updates now occur within 15 minutes of scheduled time.
* Custom log locations now displayed in Logs tab.
* Protection logs can be saved in custom locations.
* Program version release date now displayed on About tab.
# Issues Fixed:
* Fix for database not updating properly on Czech installations of Microsoft Windows.
* Fix for certain scenarios where scans failed to complete.