Our Download of the Day today is Macrium Reflect 5.0.4196.
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
• Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
• Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
• Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
• Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 5.0.4196
# Bug fixes:
* Windows PE network config issue
- The network configuration dialog in Windows PE could fail to set the second and subsequent Network Interface Cards. This has been resolved. If this issue affects you then please build fresh Windows PE rescue media after updating
* Crash during cloning operation
- A crash could occur at the end of a cloning operation if the source file system had errors in the NTFS $bitmap file. This has ben resolved.
* Free Edition Windows PE startup error
- For a few customers, the Windows PE rescue media could abort at startup. This has been resolved. If this issue affects you then please build fresh Windows PE rescue media after updating
* Free Edition startup issue
- A few customers have reported a program crash at startup. This has been resolved.
* Error reporting dialog improvement
- In the event of a program error, the error reporting message box would sit and wait for a response. This is now an auto canceling dialog if Macrium Reflect is running as a scheduled task.
* Free Edition installer registration details
- When re-installing the Free Edition of Macrium Reflect existing registration details were not remembered. This has been resolved.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.