Our App of the Day today is Apple Store 2.0 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 4.2 or later.
Apple just took the covers off version 2.0 of its Apple Store app.
New in this version is Personal Pickup which allows you to buy your Apple product in the app and select your nearest store for pick up, only in the USA though. Also new is EasyPay (again only for the USA) which allows you to use your iTunes credit to buy products in-store yourself.
When you're on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple, and get help at the Apple Retail Store. It's also the easiest way to get a new iPhone - right from your current iPhone.*
Here's what you can do with the Apple Store app on your iPhone or iPod touch:
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have
them shipped to your door.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, plus get signature gift wrapping for
select Apple products.
- Buy an iPhone with just a few taps.*
- While in an Apple Store, quickly purchase accessories on your own with EasyPay
(requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Request help, check in for reservations, and meet up with a Specialist at the store.
- Make Genius Bar and One to One reservations and sign up for workshops and events.
The latest version of the app includes the following changes:
What's New in Version 2.0
- Personal Pickup: Buy in the app and choose to pick up your order at any Apple Retail Store. Most in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour. (U.S. only)
- EasyPay: Purchase select accessories in store quickly by scanning the barcode and completing your transaction right in the app. (U.S. only, requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders from the order status section in the More tab.
- Additional international support (Canada, China).
- Requires iOS 4.2 or higher