Our Download of the Day today is Google Earth 184.108.40.20601.
Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
Google Earth's features include:
See global changes with decades of historic imagery
If you've ever wondered how your neighborhood has changed throughout time, Google Earth now gives you access to the past. With a simple click, check out suburban sprawl, melting ice caps, coastal erosion, and more.
Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
In the new ocean layer, you can plunge all the way to the floor of the sea, view exclusive content from partners like BBC and National Geographic, and explore 3D shipwrecks like the Titanic.
Track and share your paths with others
Take placemarks a step further and record a free-form tour in Google Earth. Simply turn on the touring feature, press record, and see the world. You can even add a soundtrack or narration to personalize the journey.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 220.127.116.1101
# Fixed bugs and product changes:
* To conform more closely with the OGC KML 2.2 standard, we've made the parsing of the tag more strict in version 6.1. Spaces must only be used to separate the (longitude,latitude,altitude) triplets which specify the coordinates of a single point. It is invalid to add spaces between individual coordinates. We understand that previous versions of the client were more lenient, so if your KML files contain spaces beween coordinates in coordinate triplets, an easy workaround is to remove all whitespace located immediately before or after commas inside a tag.
* Several performance improvements that would allow smoother experience in specific computer configurations.
* Fixed 'Restrict to View' functionality during a shapefile import in Google Earth Pro.
* Fixed an issue where Google Earth would sometimes save incorrect ordering of elements in KML.
* Added field of view recording to tours and ability to play back those changes.
* Fixed an issue where the icon heading did not work in Google Earth API.
* Changes to reduce occurrences of missing desktop icon and shortcut menu items on an update.
* Sped up overlay polygon rendering in OpenGL mode.
* Fixed loading of kmz files when the first file at the root level was image file.
* Upgraded GDAL support to 1.7.0 and fixed issues with importing .tab files in Google Earth Pro.
* Fixed the discrepancy caused in measurements due to multiple radii of Earth used inside Google Earth.
* Fixed an issue where placemarks created with UTM coordinates did not move when edited.
* Fixed an issue when screen overlays disappeared in a print-out.