Our Download of the Day today is Recuva 1.41.537.
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes and viruses!
Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
Can be run from a USB thumb drive
Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.41.537
- Added content searching for specific text in deleted files.
- Added regular expression matching to the filter.
- Added preliminary support for Windows 8.
- Improved support for BartPE (added new folder creation).
- Fixed filter drop down highlight issue.
- Improved recovery of compressed files from drives with non-standard cluster size.
- Many minor UI improvements.
- Latvian language added.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.