Our Download of the Day today is GPU-Z 0.5.5.
TechPowerUp today announced the latest version of GPU-Z, the graphics hardware information and diagnostic utility trusted by the PC enthusiast community at large. Version 0.5.5 comes with support for the latest graphics processors, makes the interface a little more accessible to users, and improves stability and reliability.
To begin with, GPU-Z 0.5.5 adds full support for AMD A-Series accelerated processing units (the Radeon GPU component embedded in them), a load of new and lesser-known GPUs from NVIDIA including GeForce GT 560 Ti OEM, GT 545, GT 530, GeForce GTX 580M, GT 555M, GeForce 520MX, GT 520M, 410M, 305M, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000M, Quadro 400; from AMD including Radeon HD 6290, Radeon E6760 & E4690, FirePro V8800, FirePro V3700, FirePro 2460 (FireMV); and the recently launched ASUS ROG MARS II, which probably got Santa's inbox flooded by now.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.5.5
GPU-Z 0.5.5 packs a much-demanded UI improvement, in systems with multiple graphics processors it remembers the GPU it was monitoring when it was last closed, and restores it. This helps overclockers with multiple GPUs, or enthusiasts using the Lucid Virtu platform, as GPU-Z will start up with monitoring the discrete GPU which you were monitoring, and not the Sandy Bridge IGP.The Stream Processor count for AMD "Blackcomb" (AMD Cayman GPU in MXM boards), BIOS version reading for NVIDIA GPUs is also improved.
With this version, PowerColor has teamed up with TechPowerup once again, to bring you a stunning new Giveaway.
• Added PowerColor hardware giveaway
• On multi-GPU systems, GPU-Z will remember the selected card from the selection dropdown
• Added full support for AMD A-Series Fusion processors
• Added detection for ASUS MARS II
• Fixed shader count detection for Blackcomb (mobile AMD Cayman)
• Improved BIOS version reading on NVIDIA
• Added support for NVIDIA GeForce GT 560 Ti OEM, GT 545, GT 530, GeForce GTX 580M, GT 555M, GeForce 520MX, GT 520M, 410M, 305M, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000M, Quadro 400
• Added support for AMD HD 6290, Radeon E6760 & E4690, FirePro V8800, FirePro V3700, FirePro 2460 (FireMV)