Our Download of the Day today is DAEMON Tools Lite 4.41.3.
With DAEMON Tools you can back up your physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs into "virtual discs" or so called "disc image" files, which run directly on your hard drive. You can also work with images created by other burning programs! DAEMON Tools supports variety of image types. Use CD/DVD image converter to have one format images in your Image Catalog!
1. Emulate virtual CD/DVD-ROM/HD DVD and Blu-ray drives
DAEMON Tools Lite [Commercial] enables you to emulate up to 4 CD/DVD virtual drives on your PC. Virtual drives will appear in your OS just like real ones. Select a virtual drive then choose a disc image you want to mount. Find the created virtual drive with mounted disc image in My Computer. Start working! Looks like working with a real drive and a real disc, doesn't it? Yes, but it is much faster!
2. Create a disc image
With DAEMON Tools Lite [Commercial] you can create ISO and MDS image files from original discs inserted in physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray drives. Or use images you have created earlier with other program. DAEMON Tools products work with variety of image types.
• creates *.iso and *.mds images;
• emulates up to 4 virtual CD/DVD drives;
• performs image mounting and unmounting;
• supports *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.cue, *.nrg, *.pdi, *.isz;
• offers powerful command line interface.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.41.3
- Support of APE image files;
- DT as a new virtual device is added to perform Basic Emulation;
- Improvement of portable installation;
- SPTD 1.78.
* Bugs fixed:
- Incompatibility of DAEMON Tools and Power2Go, PowerDVD;
- Ignoring Locked Applications during uninstallation;
- Rare disappearing of sidebar gadget after reboot.